Pitt institute was established in 2006 in the name of Pitt Education and Training Services (2006/168705/3). In 2009 the organization was re-registered as Pitt Institute (2009/201610/23) with the view of expanding its operations to offer full qualifications and learnerships. The changes were approved by ETDPSETA and the organization is now accredited in the name Pitt Institute, trading as Imithombo Institute. Information about the organisation is available on our web site www.pitteducation.co.za (currently being updated)’ Seta required that institutions be registered as a private company (Pty) as opposed to a close corporation (CC) – a requirement that has since been withdrawn – and in 2013 Pitt Institute was converted from a cc to a Pty (2013/010308/07).
We aim to:
• equip all citizens, especially the previously disadvantaged and marginalized, with the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values required to help our country function effectively and efficiently for the benefit of all who live in it
• respond positively and with a sense of urgency to the targets set by the National Skills Development Strategy to ensure that the set targets are met
We have a dream of a first class institution delivering a variety of qualifications and skills programmes with campuses across the country which will give access to the most underprivileged.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of all South Africans and to stimulate national growth through:
• developing the skills needed across the different organizing fields and as determined by the National Skills Development Strategy (NSDS)
• developing programmes consistent with the requirements of the National Qualifications Framework
• strengthening capacity for independence, self-reliance and sustainability
• influencing policy decisions at all levels
• supporting departments and organizations at all levels